Sunday, February 24, 2013

Why "Barefoot"?





Hi! My name is Jen. I have been a preschool teacher for more than 25 years, and I am a mom of two amazing young adult daughters.

When I first started blogging, I tried to think of a title that conveyed my feelings about parenting and raising children, and “barefoot” immediately came to mind. I believe that children are a blessing and every moment with them should be treasured. (Well… ok, not every moment… we’ll talk more about that later!) But seriously, the time that you have with your children goes by so fast and it is important to keep yourself grounded so that you can enjoy those childhood moments.

When I think of keeping grounded, I imagine myself standing barefoot in the grass. If it were up to me, I would never wear shoes. Being barefoot, especially outdoors, makes me feel so connected to the Earth. That feeling of being connected to nature is one that I wanted to convey in this blog. Being barefoot also implies comfort, and I want to help people feel more comfortable in their roles as parents.

Stick with me as I blog, and together we’ll explore the joys and frustrations of parenting.  I plan on talking about a little bit of this, and a little bit of that.  It may seem random, but hey... that's the way parenting is sometimes!  

Please leave a comment if you have any thoughts or questions to add.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to see you on the net! :) Beautiful blog!
    <3 FE

    ReplyDelete